Saturday, August 2, 2008

Arrived at MARYLAND!

Yesterday, we arrived at MARYLAND! It takes 13hours from Narita to Washington, D.C. And the flight was a bore. When I got to Airport, I was very tired and wanted to sleep. However, my tiredness and sleepiness faded away when I saw the mentors (Nikki, Mike and Joe). They are very friendly and interesting.

After checking in, mentors took us to dinner. We went to “Noodles & Co” with Joe. Joe recommended two noodles and I had one of these (I can’t remember the name) and drank Root beer (I like it but it’s hard to find in Japan!). My friend Masahiro had Thai noodles (Joe’s favorite!) and it was too sweet for him, I think. On our way to hotel, we ate Cold stone ice cream and bought some drinks and foods in CVS. CVS is a big convenience store and we had a lot of fun!

Before we go to bed, we talked with Joe about university, family, his iPhone, etc. After it, we went to room and slept deeply.


7 comments:

Nikki said...

Hi, I'm so glad you are here! It's going to be a fun two weeks exploring D.C and Maryland. Please feel free to ask me any questions that you have.

Nina Liakos said...

Hi Ryo! I thought you liked rootbeer because of the URL you selected for this blog, haha. Had you drunk rootbeer before or was Friday the first time?

CVS is a drugstore. Are drugstores in Japan like that or do they simply sell medicines and health products? As you observed, you can find almost anything in an American drugstore. Convenience stores, like 7-11, are much smaller but still have a large variety of products.

Welcome to the United States! I hope you are going to have a wonderful stay here.

Ai said...

Nice to meet you in blog, Ryohei^^

I'm Ai, a member of AGU 2007. How is your impression after arriving in Maryland!?

Could you sleep well last night!? Full sleep is important for the tour:D And I reccomend you buy water in CVS^^

Ai

KANA.Y said...

Hi Ryohei:) I am a member of AGU 2007.

I was so excited to go to CVS for the first time. It was toooo big, right? You will get anything there^^

Have a great summer in Maryland!

Kana

Hiromi said...

Hello, Ryohei!
I enjoyed reading your post. :)

It seems that you're having a good time there, right? I hope you'll keep having a good time!

Emily said...

Be careful of Thai food!!

masahiro said...

Hi,Ryohei. I had a great experience in noodle shop!!

But, I'm going to continue to try something to new !!

Let's try with me haha.