Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Is it SUSHI!?


Yesterday, Masahiro and I met with two UM students, Jeff and Steve, and had soda with them. They are studying Japanese and very good at Japanese. Steve likes car and we talked about cars. He said that he doesn’t like big car, but I think his TOYOTA SOARA is big enough! Jeff is familiar with Japanese animation so he is a little otaku (He had ever seen Eva, Ghost-in-the-shell, Haruhi, and also Grenragan!) and his ability to using chopstick is better than me. On September, he will come to Japan and study at the KEIO UNIVERSITY for 11months! So, I hope we will meet again and go to karaoke together!

In the evening, mentors took us to the Kennedy Center for a free jazz concert. We had a very good time! After that, we went to the sushi restaurant. It was a very interesting experience, but its taste was pretty bad. Sushi roll was very spicy and cucumber was something strange!!

Another interesting experience is smoking cigar. I smoked Joe’s cigar, it was my first time to smoke cigar, the taste is much better than cigarette! However, it is difficult for me to not to smoke inside my lung. If I have a chance, I’ll try it again. Thank you Joe!
However, store which Joe took me was not so good. But it’s OK! It was a interesting too!

Today, we will meet Dr. Marie again. I’m look forward to see her!
See you!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Some American people like otaku culture very much.
We have to be careful of two "C", cockroach and cucumber.

masahiro said...

Hi, sushi was really strange taste wasn't it?

when we go back Japan, let's go to the Japanese sushi shop!!

Nikki said...

Hello Ryohei! I'm glad you had a good time talking to Steve. I hope you meet up with him again, maybe even in Japan!

Nina Liakos said...

Hi Ryohei,
I am sure you are an expert at eating with chopsticks!

As I mentioned today, my daughter (who is almost 16) loves anime such as Sailor Moon, Inuyasha, Yu-gi-oh, Ceres Celestial Legend, and Ravemaster. She also likes anime-type cartoons from other countries, such as Code Lyoko (France). She's addicted!

Laura, one of our AGU in American mentors in 2006 and 2007, spent academic year 2006-2007 at Keio University. Now, Laura is beginning her job for JET in Chiba-ken, Kamogawa-shi. Perhaps you can meet her one day. Small world!

Doesn't Japanese sushi have cucumber in it?

My advice is: stay away from cigars and cigarettes! They are bad news! (from your American mom)

Nina

Hiromi said...

Hello, Ryohei!
It seems that you had a good time talking with Jeff and Steve, which is really good! ^^

Also, going out for the jazz concert sounds really nice! ^^